Saturday, November 28, 2015

A Cool and Rainy Thanksgiving Week With My Family

         This week has gone off to a good start! I had school on Monday and Tuesday but no school for the rest of the week because it was Thanksgiving break! On Monday and Tuesday I thought we were going to do fun Thanksgiving stuff, but now I am in middle school we don't do that anymore. We had to do more schoolwork, like tests to wrap up our units. It kinda turned out not that bad because we didn't have school!
          Wednesday we didn't do much, but hang around and catch up. It was kind of relaxing because of all of the school days and early mornings. I think part of the reason why we stayed home because it was all rainy and wet, which I was kinda sad about, but oh well. 
           Thursday was Thanksgiving! In the morning we got ready to go to my Nana and Papa's house. We also face timed my granny and Baba because they were coming the next day to visit us. They spent their Thanksgiving at my cousin Marisa's house. Anyways, we went to my Nana and Papa's house around 12:00 and we ate around 2:00.  Although I didn't eat the traditional Thanksgiving dinner (because I am very picky) it was delicious. We stayed at their house until about 6:30 and got home around 7:00. I was just about to get ready for bed until my brother asked if I wanted to go shopping with Hannah, my brothers girlfriend. Of course I said yes! My parents stayed home and said to be careful because it was rainy and wet and me and my brother drove off! When we got there they welcomed us in their home. Soon we took off. First store we ran into was Michaels so Hannah could get some things for her friends birthday gift. We ran all the way to Dicks Sporting Goods in the freezing rain to just look around. My brother and I didn't end up getting anything. We went back to Hannah's house and once we got home Hannah's brother suggested we play the game called Life. It was very fun! Hannah's brother got in 1st, I got 2nd, Buddy got 3rd, and Hannah got last. After that game my brother and I headed home. Once we got home we headed upstairs and went to bed. Thursday was a big day!
             Friday was the day Granny and Baba got here! To get ready for them we had to clean the WHOLE house. I cleaned my room then me and my dad went down stairs to clean and ended up cleaning our storage room and having up to 5 trash bags going to Good Will. After we cleaned the house and put our Christmas decor up we headed out to ho to HyVee, (a local grocery store) and Best Buy. Considering it was black Friday it wasn't that crowded. Once we got home Granny and Baba were already there! We greeted them and had some chips and guacamole. They told us we were going to watch a foreign film! Granny also showed us a game that we all got interested in. Its called Word Brain. It's kind of like scrabble but with a twist. Then Granny and I played some card games while Dad started to cook dinner. Later, we ate dinner that was delicious and after we watched the movie. The movie was called "Mostly Martha" a German film made in 2001. The movie was about a German chef who fell in love. It was a great movie. We were all tired after the movie and soon went to bed. So far my week has been great!
            

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you are blogging again, Marlena, and look forward to following you! Granny

    ReplyDelete